New Years Resolutions of a Fashionista
POSTED December 29th, 2011
I hope everyone had an amazing and relaxing holiday. Now that your wish list is crossed off it’s time to ring in 2012 with style. What better way than to arm yourself with some fashion resolutions of 2012?
- Confidence: It doesn’t matter if you’re sporting designer duds or a no-name vintage score – make this the year you’re confident with yourself. Stand tall; be proud and own whatever outfit you feel amazing in.
- Invest in a great bag: We all know planning long-term is crucial for life and our investments but it can also apply to our wardrobe. Look for a bag that’s well made, with quality fabric and a classic shape. Be sure to check out Michael Kors, Coach and Roots at Mapleview for your new BFF of 2012.
- Shop Green: This is something I’m aspiring to achieve in 2012. While I don’t expect my closet to transform over night, I can’t deny how much better I’ll feel knowing I’m sporting something that looks great and has a greater good. Looking to ease into the trend? Why not head into Journey’s and try on that pair of TOM’s you’ve been eyeballing all year.
- Find Everyday Jewelry: Costume jewelry has really made a comeback in the past year and there’s nothing wrong with sporting a little everyday bling to spruce up any outfit. Simple studs can add finesse to any day of the week. I plan on heading to the Bay or Aldo Accessories for some fun finds.
- Wear More Colour: With crisp whites, bold neons and lingerie-inspired trends, 2012 is going to require a sense of adventure as we maneuver from one season’s trends to the next. Give your neutrals a rest and opt for that pop of color!
Now that we’ve got our resolutions down pat, it’s time to figure out how we’re going to ring in 2012! The countdown is on and if you’re finding yourself without plans for the big night, head over to Mapleview for a great time.
TJ’s NYE Party is sure to be a blast with 2 dinner seating’s at 6 and 8 with live entertainment, party favours, champagne at midnight and martini specials. Can’t make a dinner seating? I’ve gotten word that Heineken draught and martinis will be $5.99 as the countdown celebration begins at 9. For more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It doesn’t stop there! Across the way – Earl’s will also be hosting their NY party offering a live jazz band and dinner seatings at 5pm, 7pm and 9pm.
Whatever your plans are for the evening, I hope you get your glam on and have an amazing NYE!