The Selling Manager supports the Store Manager in developing and implementing the business strategy and leading the daily operations of the stores. In partnership with the Store Manager, the Selling Manager is accountable for driving results by effectively teaching, training and coaching associates into a high performing selling team that achieves sales goals, meets merchandising brand standards and delivers operational excellence. The Selling Manager is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
POSITION TITLE: Selling Manager
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
STATUS: Full Time Exempt
SUPERVISES: Store Associates
The Selling Manager is responsible for the selection and coaching/development of all experts including Jean, Bra and Stylists. Driving all KPI and Comp results through effective LOD segments.
Drive for Results
- Analyze reporting and daily sales trends to make real-time strategic business decisions to drive results.
- Train and develop team on business acumen to drive business performance.
- Lead the use of technology to enhance customer engagement and drive KPI results (BOSS, Store to Door, Social Media).
- Evaluate store sales and payroll goals on a daily basis using payroll reports and tools; make scheduling adjustments to meet business needs.
- Builds customer loyalty through in-store experience, utilization of social media and email capture.
- Support the Store Manager in the execution of the short and long term store business plans to drives KPI results and maximizes business opportunities to include CRM, Loyalty and technology.
- Effective use of technology to enhance customer engagement and drive KPI results (BOSS, Store to Door, Social Media)
- Contribute to the achievement of all store financial, revenue and expense targets.
- Builds customer loyalty through in-store experience, utilization of social media and email capture
- Motivate and inspire the team by developing and delivering a compelling vision and purpose which encompasses American Eagle Outfitter's Core Values.
- Act as the leader on duty and consistently models the brand customer service standards and Customer First selling behaviors.
- Hold the store team and self accountable for achieving all brand, performance and behavior standards.
- Build effective relationships with associates, peers and supervisor to build a high performing store team.
- Lead and participate in productive weekly leadership meetings that align with and drive the business strategy.
- Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities to build leadership skill set and enhance individual performance.
- Comply with all AEO Inc. Loss Prevention standards and provide a safe environment for associates and customers.
- Ensure all associates training and development initiatives are executed in a timely manner.
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain sales associates to ensure the store is sufficiently staffed to meet the needs of the business.
- Train, develop and coach the associate team; provide appropriate level of performance feedback to increase confidence and capability.
- Drive employee engagement by recognizing and rewarding employees for outstanding performance.
- Ensure that all associate team adheres to all employment practices and policies.
- Consistently assess and provide ongoing performance feedback through real-time coaching, scheduled touchbases, individual development planning and the performance review process.
- Develops succession plans to ensure career paths for all associates; encourages associates to pursue internal opportunities.
- Manage compensation decisions in partnership with the Store Manager and District Manager.
- Recognize and properly resolve customer and performance issues; communicate high priority issues to the Store Manager and District Manager in a timely manner and collaborates to develop a plan for resolution to minimize risk.
Visual & Operational Execution
- Maintain company brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room ensuring store environment is safe for employees and customers.
- Maintain 5 S standards on the sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room ensuring store environment is safe for employees and customers.
- Executes all daily operational procedures and supports the management team to ensure the store audit compliance and shrink results meet company loss prevention standards.
- Oversees and ensures efficiency of all daily operational procedures in accordance with company policies.
- Oversees Reserve, Try and Buy training and execution.
- Minimum high school education or equivalent.
- 2+ years of retail or equivalent management experience preferred.
- Ability to lead a team; delegate and follow up.
- Ability to develop and train others.
- Knowledge and understanding of employment laws including compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Demonstrated time management, prioritizing, organizing and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers and store team.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fastpaced and deadlineoriented environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Ability to perform all Essential Job Functions.
- Computer and technology proficient.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal and provincial equal employment opportunity and human rights laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual's race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground protected by applicable human rights legislation. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.
- Monday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 9:30am - 6:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Thanksgiving - Oct. 14, 2019 Closed