The Sales Associate promotes both sales of products we carry as well as the company brand by assisting in store operations and providing customers with superior product knowledge and excellent customer service.
The Assistant Manager &/or Retail Manager and Store Owners (collectively referred to here as "Management").
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serve Customers: Approach & engage with customers in a friendly & professional manner, in person & over the phone, answer questions, to promote a positive shopping experience, and to encourage & assist them in purchase selection & sales.
· Process Sales Transactions: Use the Lightspeed & Moneris Point of Sale systems to accurately process sales, refunds and exchanges with correct handling of cash, debit, credit card & gift card transactions.
· Merchandise Products: Continually monitor and re-merchandise products and displays, to maintain the most effective and aesthetically appealing product presentation and display impact, as set out by Management.
· Replenish Inventory: Re-stock items from the backroom and floor storage, to keep products properly presented to customers.
· Receive, Price & Tag Products: Accurately process the receiving of purchase orders, correctly tag items with prices &/or labels, and use appropriate security tagging prior to merchandising.
· Housekeeping: Participate in routine cleaning & trash removal to maintain clean and uncluttered work areas and product presentation spaces.
· Develop Product Knowledge: Participate in S.T.A.R.S. (Staff Training & Retail Skills) Development Program to continually build individual product knowledge and develop skills in all areas of retail operations.
· Perform other tasks, in addition to those listed above, as required for store operations.
- Sales Associates must be fluent in written & spoken English and must be actively working toward or have successfully completed an OSSD or equivalent.
- Basic familiarity with the use of computers is required.
- Previous experience in customer service, sales &/or cash handling would be an asset but is not a prerequisite.
The Sales Associate will work almost exclusively on the sales floor, or back room of the Urban Traveller store, located in the Mapleview Shopping Centre, and at times in the mall itself, with the possibility of occasional work in the off-site location (as needed).
Strength Guidelines: The Sales Associate must be able to move & demonstrate luggage pieces and sets, and occasionally unbox nested sets ranging in weights up to approximately 30 lbs.
Motion Parameters: The Sales Associate will be required to stand for a full shift and may be required to climb a step stool or ladder to retrieve products &/or boxes from upper shelves on the sales floor and/or back room.
Vision and Hearing Requirements: The Sales Associate may be required to spend an extended period of time in front of a computer screen, at the sales desk or back office.
Psychological Demands: The Sales Associate must be able to cooperate with other staff, comply with the instruction from Management, and work both collaboratively and independently. They must react quickly, calmly & appropriately in dealing with customer concerns and/or technical issues with the computerized POS systems. Problem-solving skills, fluency in using available resources, and good communication with customers, other staff & Management are essential skills the Sales Associate will require.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the organization.
- Monday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 9:30am - 6:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm